Gynecologists are known for treating women’s reproductive health problems, but Dr. Samuel Botros is dedicated to being more than a routine gynecologist. He places a high value on empowering women through education and working with them as equal partners in preventing and treating gynecologic problems.
Dr. Samuel Botros practices holistic medical care, offering help with nutrition, exercise, and every facet of your overall health and wellness. If you need to schedule a gynecology visit, call the office or use the online booking feature.
MONALISA TOUCH Q & A
WHAT SERVICES DOES A GYNECOLOGY OFFER?
Gynecology is a field of medicine devoted to helping women stay physically and emotionally healthy. Throughout a woman’s lifetime, gynecologic care includes services such as:
- Preventive health care with well-woman exams and Pap smears
- Family planning that includes birth control and basic infertility evaluations
- Menopause management with hormone replacement and natural therapies
- Screenings and wellness education to prevent disease
- Diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound, bone scans, and colposcopy
- Comprehensive care, including nutrition, exercise, and medication management
- The team at Dr. Samuel Botros MD provides the full range of treatments for gynecologic problems, including offering their expertise in minimally invasive surgery. They also remind you about routine screenings such as mammograms and monitor you for chronic diseases like diabetes and high blood pressure.
WHEN DO I NEED TO SCHEDULE GYNECOLOGY APPOINTMENTS?
Women should schedule their first full pelvic exam and Pap smear at the age of 21 or when they first become sexually active. Then you should continue to get an annual well-woman exam.
WHAT COMMON GYNECOLOGY CONCERNS MIGHT I DEVELOP?
Dr. Samuel Botros explains any issue you may have, teaches about the risks and benefits of your treatment options, and works with you as a health care partner to maintain your optimal health.
These are a few of the most common gynecology concerns:
SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS (STIs)
STIs like syphilis is on the rise in women, with cases increasing by 34% from 2017 to 2018. And there were 1.8 million cases of chlamydia reported in women in 2018. Dr. Samuel Botros tests for and treats all types of STIs.
Endometriosis, when tissues from your uterine wall grow outside your uterus, is one of the top causes of pelvic pain and infertility.
PAINFUL, HEAVY PERIODS
Periods that are more painful than typical cramps or that cause heavy bleeding are often signs of an underlying gynecologic problem.
Fibroids are noncancerous tumors that grow in the uterine wall. They may cause heavy menstrual bleeding, painful periods, frequent urination, and an enlarged abdomen.
POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS)
PCOS occurs when you have high levels of androgens, causing problems such as abnormal bleeding, excessive facial hair growth, weight gain, and the growth of multiple cysts in your ovaries. PCOS also causes infertility.
If you need to schedule a gynecology exam, call Dr. Samuel Botros MD, or use the online booking feature.